Opportunity is calling!
Do you like figuring out how to use new software and technology? Enjoy working independently while still being part of a team? Get complimented on your maturity and ability to handle confidential information? Do you enjoy helping others? Then, we’d like to meet you!
Due to a retirement, we are seeking an energetic, upbeat Christian to join our team. The Administrative Assistant supports our church as we serve the varied needs of the congregation and community to pursue witness, mercy, and life together. The position is part-time (30 hrs./week) with the potential for benefits.
What does a typical week look like?
- Manage, coordinate, and produce communications through contemporary media employing Google groups, Facebook, and email. These may include standing weekly updates or special notifications (prayer requests, meeting notices)
- Support the weekly worship service (preparing bulletins, maintaining announcement and prayer lists, communicating with volunteers)
- Maintain church records using ServantKeeper software, create reports and manage attendance records
- Welcome and respond to inquiries via phone, email, or in-person visits.
- Provide support for pastoral efforts as requested, for example in routine correspondence and reminder systems
- Maintain the office equipment, make copies, and purchase office supplies
What does it take to be successful?
- 5 years’ office experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products
- Interest in/willingness to learn technologies like Google groups, social media platforms, streaming, and the Church’s operating software.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle interruptions courteously in a deadline driven environment
Interested? Please share your resume as a Google doc or email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org