Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and everything else going on, a goal of 120 shoeboxes has been set this year (100 in person and 20 online).
Not sure of how to pack a shoebox? Click on the link below for step-by-step instructions on how to pack your shoebox:
Not sure what to pack in your box? Follow the link below for ideas broken down by gender and age range. There is also a list of items that CAN NOT go in your shoebox.
Want to build a shoebox online this year? That’s great! For $25 (which includes shipping) you can build a shoebox online that would be the same as if you packed it yourself. You get to choose what goes in your box from the items list in several categories. Samaritan’s Purse has started something new this year. Each church can now have a Goal Page that members can build their box through and get counted toward the goal. I have set a goal of 20 SHOEBOXES this year for Ascension to build online. With COVID-19 making it more difficult for some people to get to the store, this is a perfect solution! Just follow the link below to go to the Ascension Goal Page to start building your box online.
Here is some additional information:
- Kickoff will be October 25th, and the last day your boxes can be returned is November 22nd.
- Empty boxes will be available in the Narthex and in the area directly inside the office door. Feel free to take boxes from either location. You can pick up empty boxes from the office anytime the office is open (or if you have a key, you can pick them up anytime).
- The same is true for dropping off your filled boxes. You can start turning in your shoeboxes anytime between kickoff and collection day.
- Brochures with the envelope to place your check and with Boy/Girl labels will be inside the box this year. One brochure will be in each box.
- There will NOT be a table set up in the Narthex this year containing items to get your boxes started.
Still looking for additional information? Contact Bob Marcellus at 412-635-8458, email him at email@example.com or check out the Samaritan’s Purse website at: Samaritan’s Purse – Operation Christmas Child